Our special gift is Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: “A gaze of love upon the one who gazes back at us”.
In our own small way we try to imitate St. Theresa and be “love in the heart of the Church”. We are never more aware of this than when we kneel, in faith before Jesus in the Monstrance and, united to His prayer before the Father we send out His healing love, forgiveness, mercy and comfort to suffering humanity. Our way of life is our apostolate. The following are some comments the sisters made on what Eucharist Adoration means to them:
- “…Adoration is one of the deepest instincts of a creaturehood. Adoration we surrender all we are and have to the Father.”
- “…We offer Him praise on our own behalf and that of the whole world.”
- “Jesus in the Monstrance is the glorified Christ standing before the Father. I unite my small drop with His ocean of praise, thanksgiving, intercession to the Father.”
- “It is such a mystery, the best response is to be silent and adore.”
- “…I think prayer is like a generator of energy in the Church and that energy is love.”
- “…Prayer is resting in loving attentiveness in the Presence of the One by whom we know ourselves to be loved.”
The mission of the Sisters is the Perpetual Adoration of Jesus present in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist so as to become one of Him, to be available so that His Holy Spirit can live in them His life, pray in them His Abba, and radiate in them the love that proves His saving presence in them. Sharing in the mission of Christ, the Sisters reach out to His whole Body in prayer and self gift.
- We sisters of Perpetual Eucharist Adoration are a monastic community called to a ministry of prayer with a tradition of Perpetual Eucharist Adoration since 1875
- We help spread the Kingdom of God by our daily witness and by being models and mirrors for those living in the world
- We invite men and women in the surrounding area and visitors to join us daily in prayer in front of the exposed Blessed Sacrament